woensdag 8 juni 2016

A scratch card?

First the good news: Izzie's fever is gone!! We are still chilling out at home this morning as she hasn't been fever free for long enough to go back to kindergarten. She's in a very good mood so it's a joy to have her here. OK, I did enjoy all the snuggles when she was feeling bad, but I way prefer her this way :) 
Izzie was having a growth spurt on Monday
Lexie and her will have a few days off starting tomorrow for Dragon Boat Festival. Friday will be free but according to the Chinese system this is not a "real" free day so on Sunday they will go to school to make up for it (and most people will go to work). This way people can enjoy 3 free days in a row and take a small trip. On Friday morning I'll have an essential oil class at my house. We didn't realize it would be a holiday at first so there will be many kids as well ;) 


This week Facebook came up with this pic on the left from 3 years ago. I was about 7 months pregnant with Izzie (she was born on July 24th). I got even bigger the last 2 months.... 
I guess it also has to do with me not being the tallest person in the world, so the only way to go is outwards ;)


Last week I attended the GWIC morning coffee and one of the girls asked me if I wanted to be added to the WWAM group. Say what?! WWAM stands for "Western Women, Asian Men". OK, why not?
There are many awesome ladies in this group and it is great to be in there. I connected to a few ladies personally and also created a Facebook group for us, as Wechat has its limitations.

Judith from www.china2025.nl asked me if she could interview me. Haha, you know me; interview away :) We have planned a phone call for tomorrow as she lives in Wuhan. I checked out 2025.nl and wanted to be part of it as well! My first blog (in Dutch) will appear by the end of this month.




I made this scratch card last night. It was surprisingly relaxing! It felt good to scrape off the black and see the picture come to life (the original is by MirĂ³). 
How about that for a life lesson? Just scrape off the soot, negative thoughts, heaviness and blackness to see the colors of you come to life! 
Also included some info on Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree). It's one of my favorites.



I've been creating all kinds of collages lately to present essential oils information in a fun way. I enjoy the creative process a lot. I guess it carries over straight from my work out and kids collages ;)
One of the things I like to do is to combine the possibilities of different apps together.


In this one a used the Numbers program on Mac, combined with another app (I forgot which one exactly....) to add a soft frame around it. I took the pic with the diffuser and my clarinet and the mom of this student took this pic of us having class. I love to put so many different elements together!


Geen opmerkingen: